Facts about vision
- 1 /4 of drivers have not had an eye test in two years.
- Estimated annual cost of poor driver vision: 2,900 casualties, £33 million.
Making sure your vision is good enough to drive
- If you find that you’re unable to read number plates clearly of find that your vision is poor at long distances then you should get your eyes tested immediately
- Glasses can be a distraction when you’re driving so you might consider switching to contact instead
- You should always get your eyes tested by a professional and make sure you get glasses/contacts that are comfortable for you.
Read more about the Brake Pledge
The Brake Pledge includes six main points – Slow, Sober, Secure, Silent, Sharp and Sustainable. To read more about the Brake Pledge click here