- In a crash at 30mph, a back-seat passenger is thrown forward with a force of 3½ tons – enough to kill the person in front.
- Three-point seat belts mean you’re 50% less likely to die in a crash.
- The most common vehicle defect contributing to fatal crashes is illegal, defective or under-inflated tyres. Check tyre pressure once a month, and replace tyres when the tread depth reaches 3mm.
Tips for making your vehicle safe to drive
- Check all seatbelts are working properly
- Check tyres are properly inflated before every journey, especially during harsh weather conditions
- Always be sure to have seatbelts checked following accident
Read more about the Brake Pledge
The Brake Pledge includes six main points – Slow, Sober, Secure, Silent, Sharp and Sustainable. To read more about the Brake Pledge click here