If your business is responsible for insuring multiple vehicles from trucks to haulage fleets, you will benefit by opting for a fleet insurance policy rather than insuring each one individually. The panel of expert insurance providers will find the right cover to protect you and your business.
- Cover for mixed fleets, including HGVs, tippers, agricultural vehicles, vans etc.
- Cover Available for vehicles from 3.5 tonnes through to 44 tonnes GVWs
- Trailer Cover
- Foreign Use and EU Cover
- Windscreen Cover
- Breakdown Cover
- Public and Employers’ Liability
- Uninsured Loss Recovery
Haulage Fleet Insurance - A Quick Start Guide
If you run a haulage firm then you need to take out the right cover to protect your vehicles. Getting a fleet insurance policy will allow you to insure all the vehicles you own together.
Haulage fleet insurance options
- Road risks - Road risks cover is the most basic type of cover you need to get for your vehicles. It will make them road legal and depending on the level of cover you choose, provide protection for your vehicles too.
- Contents cover - When transporting goods, it’s extremely important that you get cover for not just your vehicles but also what they’re transporting. Contents insurance will cover theft and damage of the contents.
- Liability claims – Liability claims are also something you should think about. Having public liability cover in your policy will ensure you were able to pay out if a liability claim went against you.
- Legal fees - The costs of fighting a liability claim can mount up quickly so this is another type of cover that’s worth considering.
Do I need extra cover if I am transporting goods?
To cover the goods being carried, its advisable to get Goods in Transit cover as well as Public Liability to cover risks to the public.
Saving money on haulage fleet insurance
Below are some excellent ways to save money on fleet insurance –
- Make your trucks secure - Making your trucks secure will certainly help to reduce the cost of fleet insurance. Most trucks come fitted with an alarm but you should also consider installing tracking devices. You should also make sure your premises is secure as this can affect the cost of fleet insurance too.
- Hire good drivers - Hiring reliable, experienced drivers will also help to lower the cost of your insurance. Generally drivers who are over 25 are easier to get cover for.
- Pay upfront - If you can afford to pay for your policy annually rather than monthly then most insurance providers will offer you a discounted price for doing this.
Get haulage fleet insurance quotes now
Simply click the green button below and you can have tailored fleet insurance quotes in a matter of minutes.