Types of cover
- Third party - Third party insurance works the same with fleet insurance as it does with regular motor insurance. It will cover the vehicles named on the policy and make them road legal, however only third party vehicles will be covered if there’s a collision and you (or one of your drivers) is at fault.
- Third party, fire & theft – This is the same as third party cover except fire and theft are also included for all named cars and drivers.
- Fully comprehensive - Fully comprehensive insurance will cover your vehicle for all types of collisions, even those that you are responsible for. This is the best option if you want the most protection for your vehicles.
Additional cover options
- Liability claims - If you’re insuring company vehicles as part of a fleet, then it’s definitely worth considering liability insurance. You are able to get cover for both claims from the public (public liability) as well as claims from employees (employers liability).
- Personal effects - This will cover any persona effects that are stolen from your vehicle.
- Legal expenses – Fighting a liability claim can soon become expensive, which is why it’s never a bad idea to have legal expenses included in a fleet policy. This type of cover is particularly useful for business owners.
<h3″>How much does it cost?
The cost of a fleet insurance policy will depend on a few key factors. Two of the biggest factors that determine cost are the number of vehicles being insured and the value of the vehicles. Other factors, such as the number of named drivers, how the vehicles are used and the driving/claims history of the named drivers will also be taken into account.
Below are some excellent ways to save money on fleet insurance –
- Pay upfront - Paying annually rather than monthly puts you in an excellent position to negotiate a lower premium with insurance providers.
- Be selective with drivers - If you’re insuring company vehicles then you should always be sure to hire responsible drivers who are over 25 and have a clean driving licence.
- Get lots of quotes - Getting quotes from different insurance providers is a must. It will clearly enable you to see which quotes offer value for money and which do not.
Getting quotes for fleet insurance is a very quick and simple process. All you have to do is click the green quote button below and once you’ve provided some required information you’ll then have access to your quotes.